I am finally home for fall break! I didn't go to my last class yesterday, or any today and just headed straight up here. I love being home! I watched the 42 Annual CMA's that were on 12 Nov yesterday. They were really good, but I only got the first two hours. But, it was way cool, because the lady who introduced Carrie Underwood and her song "Just A Dream" was named Leslie Ponder, and her husband, Master Sergeant James "Tre" Ponder, was part of the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (SOAR), who were sent in to rescue Marcus Luttrell and his team. The sad thing is, the MH-47 helicopter the rescue team was shot down and Master Sergeant James Ponder was one of those killed that day 28 June 2005. It was interesting to me, because I am reading "Lone Survivor," which took place in June of 2005, so i googled Leslie Ponder and found out that her husband was in fact part of the rescue team. It is amazing how so many things are connecting back to the book. It is quickly becoming a favorite of mine, and I would highly suggest it.


Yesterday, for family night, we decorated the Christmas trees in the entry, family room, and kitchen. It was actually pretty fun, because I got to get on the ladder to help decorate the top of the trees, which was fun! Then we went to Cafe Rio for dinner, which was delicious as usual. Then I caught up on a TV show called "Chuck" which is so funny!

Today, mom and I did a little shopping in the morning. Then I watched more "Chuck," did some homework, and helped mom do the garland on the entry stairs. Then we went to Ryan's junior Jazz game, which they won 33-24.

Now I am watching "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air," which is such a funny old show! And I can't wait until tomorrow, because I am going to see "Twilight" (yes, again!) with my family, and am so excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment